Hyundai Entourage Packs Outstanding Safety And More Value In All 2008 ModelsFOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., 10/01/2007 Hyundai Motor America announced pricing today for the best minivan ever tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) - the 2008 Hyundai Entourage now on sale at Hyundai dealerships.
Hyundai's first minivan, the Entourage, which earned top safety marks when first introduced last year, picks up the pace in 2008 with even more value and equipment options to suit the needs of families on-the-go. Sporting a powerful 3.8-liter V6 engine and a five-speed automatic transmission -- all backed by Hyundai's 10-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty -- the Entourage is a smart buy with an entry-level price of $24,595 including freight. With standard safety features like electronic stability control (ESC), six air bags, active front-seat head restraints and a top five-star crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Entourage is a vehicle that continues to be a frontline contender in the minivan segment.
|ENTOURAGE GLS||$24,595 including $700 freight|
|ENTOURAGE LIMITED||$30,495 including $700 freight|
2008 NEW EQUIPMENT HIGHLIGHTS
· Replacement of SE trim level with a new Popular Equipment Package option on the GLS, which includes dual power sliding doors, power driver seat, back-up warning sensors, steering wheel audio controls and power rear quarter glass
· New GLS Premium Package includes a rear-seat entertainment system with eight-inch LCD monitor, Infinity® audio system and other features
· Standard Infinity AM/FM/CD-changer/MP3 audio system with Logic 7® Surround Sound on Limited trim level
· Optional Bluetooth hands free phone connectivity (Available later this year)
The Entourage's GLS Popular Equipment Package is new for 2008 and offers a high level of convenience and safety features for less than a comparably equipped 2007 Entourage SE. (The SE trim level is discontinued for 2008.) This high value package includes backup warning sensors to enhance driver awareness when the vehicle is in reverse; steering wheel audio controls to minimize driver distraction; and dual power sliding doors with power sliding windows, power rear quarter glass and power driver seat. This new optional equipment package delivers desirable safety and convenience features to make the GLS trim level a versatile alternative to the higher priced competition, the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna. In fact, the Entourage equipped with the Popular Equipment Package is the lowest priced minivan offering power sliding doors and backup warning sensors.
The new GLS Premium Package for 2008 adds exterior and interior trim enhancements, along with thoughtful features, including fully automatic front-dual automatic climate controls, Infinity AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio and an eight-inch DVD rear seat entertainment system.
For 2008, the Entourage will continue to feature the popular standard equipment offered when the vehicle was introduced last year, like the Hyundai Hideaway™ third-row seat, a simple-to-use 60/40 split fold-into-the floor seat that offers flexibility for up to seven passengers. Entourage's flip and fold second-row seats add to the vehicle's space and versatility, providing easy access to its third-row seating.
At 202 inches long and 78.1 inches wide, the Entourage is truly full-size. In fact, these larger dimensions and efficient packaging deliver an interior volume of 172 cubic feet - more than Honda Odyssey.
The Hyundai Entourage comes in two distinct trim levels: The well-equipped GLS and more luxurious Limited.
The Entourage GLS starts at $24,595, including $700 freight, and is equipped with the following standard features:
· 3.8L DOHC V6 engine
· 5-Speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® feature
· Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control
· Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
· Advanced front airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags and roof-mounted side curtain airbags
· Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
· Active front head restraints
· 16-inch steel wheels
· Manual tri-zone climate control system
· AM/FM/CD audio system with six speakers
· Roof rack side rails
· Dual body-colored power side view mirrors
· Chrome-insert bodyside moldings
· Body-colored exterior door handles
· Premium cloth seats
· Tilt steering wheel
· Cruise control
· Keyless entry with panic alarm
· Dual vanity mirrors
· Front armrest
· Front wiper deicer
· Manual sliding rear doors
ENTOURAGE GLS OPTIONS
· Popular Equipment Package ($1,500 MSRP) includes a power driver seat, dual power sliding doors, backup warning sensors, power rear quarter glass, and steering wheel audio controls
· Premium Package ($4,850 MSRP) requires the Popular Equipment Package and includes an Infinity® AM/FM/CD-changer/MP3 audio system with Logic 7® surround sound, rear-seat entertainment system and eight-inch LCD monitor, dual illuminated vanity mirrors, heated side view mirrors, 17-inch alloy wheels, leather tilt steering wheel and shift knob, compass plus trip computer, solar control glass, chrome inside door handles, wood or metalgrain trim, dual front fully automatic HVAC with manual rear, chrome exterior door handles, automatic headlights, fog lights, and body-colored with chrome accent rear license garnish
The Limited starts at $30,495, including $700 freight, and offers all the standard features of the GLS trim with Popular Equipment Package plus the following:
· Leather seating surfaces
· Heated front seats
· Leather tilt steering wheel and shift knob
· Dual front fully automatic HVAC with manual rear
· Infinity® AM/FM/CD-changer/MP3 audio system with Logic 7® surround sound
· Power tailgate
· Compass plus trip computer
· Solar control glass
· Premium scuff plates
· 17-inch alloy wheels
· Automatic headlights
· Fog lights
· Chrome inside door handles
· Wood or metal grain trim
· Chrome exterior door handles
· Body-colored with chrome accent rear license garnish
· Dual illuminated vanity mirrors
· Heated side view mirrors
· Limited badge
· Ultimate Package ($2,900 MSRP) includes rear-seat entertainment system and eight-inch LCD monitor, power tilt-and-slide sunroof, power front passenger seat, power adjustable foot pedals, integrated memory system, auto-dimming rearview mirror and HomeLink
The 2008 Hyundai Entourage is protected by the Hyundai Advantage, America's Best Warranty™. Coverage includes five-year/60,000-mile new vehicle protection, 10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty and seven-year/unlimited mileage anti-perforation coverage. In addition, Entourage buyers receive 24-hour roadside assistance coverage at no extra charge for five years (no mileage limit) that includes emergency towing, lockout service and limited coverage for trip-interruption expenses.
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif. is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced by more than 750 Hyundai dealerships nationwide.
 Excludes products from other Hyundai Auto Group divisions